Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: The Hazards of Skinny Dipping (Hazards #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy


I've been expressing my love for the Hazards series but I realized I've never posted it on the blog! So here's my review for the first book in the series!

*Review contains spoilers.

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping by Alyssa Rose Ivy
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
(Hazards #1)
by Alyssa Rose Ivy
May 17, 2013
248 pages


Goodreads Summary:
This isn't a deep book about first loves or self-discovery. If you want a book like that, I'd be happy to recommend one, but I don't have that kind of story to tell. Instead my story is about rash decisions and finding out that your dream guy is bad in bed. It's the story of when I finally went skinny dipping, and how my life was never the same again. Oh, and it's also the story of my freshman year of college and realizing Mr. Right might have been there all along. 


Review

A quick and steamy read!! For the most part, my heart just pounded with anticipation. The characters were all very relatable even if they were a little frustrating at times.

Juliet is such an open-minded positive person. I really liked her character! She was just somewhat naive when it came to the whole Dylan situation. He wasn't treating her fairly and she lets him get away with it. Yet given her longtime crush on Dylan, I can't say I don't understand why. I was relieved when she finally broke up with him though. She definitely deserved better.

Dylan is such a jerk although I do sympathize a little with him. I could tell he really liked Juliet but just went about the wrong way of showing it. The reason she blew up and broke up with Dylan was ironic. It didn't bother her when he was being possessive and controlling every time in front of his and her friends but a hickey did. I'm just glad he didn't grovel and beg Juliet too much to take him back.

Reed is so dreamy. The attraction between Juliet and him brewed slowly but nicely. I very much enjoyed their slow-paced progression from heartfelt friends to passionate lovers. I especially loved the airplane-gazing trips and the paintball fight. Even when they just met at laser tag, I knew he was the perfect guy for her. They had undeniable chemistry ;)

I was not expecting that last shocker. I can relate that Juliet felt betrayed but I wouldn't think Amy had done it because she thought her little cousin was an idiot or because Reed just wanted to mess with her. It was very obvious that Amy was just trying to protect her and Reed was 100% in love with her. Thankfully, she was able to let out her emotions with the help of her sorority sisters. I love that given time, she cooled down and made one of the best decisions of her life!

I love how supportive her sorority sisters were!! It definitely sounds like a lot of fun to be in a sorority house and I am looking forward to reading more stories about the Delta Mu girls. Fun time all around~

4.5 Cats

8 comments:

  1. I love all of Alyssa's other series, I really need to try this one! So happy you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read her Crescent Chronicles because of your rec! I love it :D I'd love to hear what you think of her contemporaries!

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting! I've never heard of the author, but the synopsis made me crack up and definitely makes me want to read it. Great review!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think so :D I hope you do give it a try!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I think I have this book on my kindle app! YAY, I LOVE the sound of the blurb. Plus, slow building romances are are a HUGE plus for me :D Great review, Eileen, I think I'll have to give this one a chance really soon! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try if you enjoy NA! I'd love to hear what you think :D

      Delete
  4. Probably not something I'll read but very glad to hear that you loved it! And yay for a positive relationship between the sorority sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole series has a really great story arc of the sorority sisters! That's part of why I love this series :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...