Wednesday, April 19, 2017

WoW #145: The Unlikelies by Carrie Firestone



Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The Unlikelies by Carrie FirestoneThe Unlikelies
by Carrie Firestone
June 6, 2017
336 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Five teens embark on a summer of vigilante good samaritanism in a novel that's part The Breakfast Club, part The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, and utterly captivating.

Rising high school senior Sadie is bracing herself for a long, lonely, and boring summer. But things take an unexpected turn when she steps in to help rescue a baby in distress and a video of her good deed goes viral.

Suddenly internet-famous, Sadie's summer changes for the better when she's introduced to other "hometown heroes." These five very different teens form an unlikely alliance to secretly right local wrongs, but when they try to help a heroin-using friend, they get in over their heads and discover that there might be truth in the saying "no good deed goes unpunished." Can Sadie and her new friends make it through the summer with their friendships--and anonymity--intact?

This rich and thought-provoking novel takes on timely issues and timeless experiences with a winning combination of romance, humor, and wisdom.

 
I loved her debut so I'm totally in for this one. Doesn't hurt that the synopsis sounds really interesting!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. I have this one on my TBR/Wishlist too! I can't wait...although I must admit, the first thing that made me want to read this one is that cover! lol! I love it. It does sound like it's going to be really good tho. Hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new to me one! The cover is so cute!! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I do hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look like it will be good, nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one before but It sounds really cute.
    I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I hope you check it out too when it comes out :)

      Delete
  5. That cover reminds me of Julie Buxbaum's books' covers! Or maybe I'm just on a Buxbaum high and all I can think about are her great books. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it I do see the resemblance It's totally the same style lol! I really need to read her books!

      Delete
  6. I didn't read the author's first book yet, but this sounds and looks like a lovely summer read! Awesome WoW pick, Eileen :D Hope you enjoy reading it!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Brittany! I think you should try her debut! I cried.. not to scare you off but it's a good cry :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...