Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WoW #193: The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


The Bird and the Blade by Megan BannenThe Bird and the Blade
by Megan Bannen
June 5, 2018
336 pages

Goodreads      Indigo

Goodreads Summary:
As a slave in the Kipchak Khanate, Jinghua has lost everything: her home, her family, her freedom … until she finds herself an unlikely conspirator in the escape of Prince Khalaf and his irascible father as they flee from their enemies across the vast Mongol Empire. On the run, with adversaries on all sides and an endless journey ahead, Jinghua hatches a scheme to use the Kipchaks’ exile to return home, a plan that becomes increasingly fraught as her feelings for Khalaf evolve into a hopeless love.

Jinghua’s already dicey prospects take a downward turn when Khalaf seeks to restore his kingdom by forging a marriage alliance with Turandokht, the daughter of the Great Khan. As beautiful as she is cunning, Turandokht requires all potential suitors to solve three impossible riddles to win her hand—and if they fail, they die.

Jinghua has kept her own counsel well, but with Khalaf’s kingdom—and his very life—on the line, she must reconcile the hard truth of her past with her love for a boy who has no idea what she’s capable of ... even if it means losing him to the girl who’d sooner take his life than his heart.

THE BIRD AND THE BLADE is a lush, powerful story of life and death, battles and riddles, lies and secrets from debut author Megan Bannen.
 
Read that synopsis and tell me you don't want to read it too! So excited for this one!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. I have been concentrating on backlist books this year so I am out of the loop with new releases. Thanks for the heads up. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really should be working on some of my backlist titles too XD

      Delete
  2. Ooh that's a new to me one! Gorgeous cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I hope the finished copy will be shiny ;)

      Delete
  3. This sounds awesome! Though I'm a little nervous about it since reading Aila's review on Goodreads. The book is on Edelweiss so I might download it at some point and give it a whirl - it just sounds so good. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Eileen. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get to it I hope you'll like it :D Now I will go hunt for Aila's review lol...

      Delete
  4. Yes this is such a pretty one and looks so interesting! I love when there are riddles to be solved---but gah when it's solve them or die, lol those are some high stakes. I hope you enjoy this one, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm afraid for our nerves but also curious to see the riddles! Thanks Miss Becky <3

      Delete
  5. Never heard of this one, but love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to love this Eileen, so darn good and I adore that cover, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...